HCF More for Teeth Provider
At HCF, health comes first – that’s why they offer a range of fully covered services through their More for You provider network. More for You no-gap services are open to members on selected extras cover (subject to available limits).
More for Teeth program provides eligible members on selected levels of cover a range of fully covered diagnostic and preventative dental services for the whole family that gives each one another reason to smile.
As Atwell Smiles is a participating provider with HCF, members will be eligible to up to two bulk billed check-ups visits per calendar year subject to level of cover. Additionally, members can be eligible for up to two fully covered conventional mouthguards (limits apply). Other treatments such as fillings or extractions can be covered more than the standard schedule depending on cover level.
As always, if you are unsure of your coverage level, our team at Atwell Smiles will be more than happy to check your treatment plan in person with your card prior to any work being done.
For more information, please visit the HCF website or call 13 13 34.
HBF Members Plus
Atwell Smiles is a proud HBF Member’s Plus practice. Due to our arrangement with HBF, you can benefit from one fully covered Full service Check-up and Scale and Clean per calendar year in addition to a 2nd Check-up and clean 6 months thereafter at a minimal gap.
Additional preventative services such as fissure sealants and general diagnostics will also be covered at 75% to 100% depending on the HBF policy.
For more information, please give us a call on 6192 3249 and our team with be happy to discuss the benefits with you in depth.
nib - First Choice
It’s easy to forget to visit the dentist, and if you haven’t been in a while you might not know where to start or who to see. At nib, we’ve decided to make it easy by introducing the First Choice Dental network.
Our First Choice Dental network is made up of dentists that will offer their services for a set lower rate. Under your nib cover you will still receive a fixed percentage back on your treatment when you visit a dentist in the nib First Choice Dental network (depending on your policy). This will result in lower out of pocket costs for you.
Benefits for basic dental services are capped at $1,000 per child over 2 consecutive calendar years. If all of the $1,000 benefit in the first year of eligibility, the amount can rollover to the second year if eligibility still applies. However, after the 2nd year has passed, any remaining amount can no longer be accessed.
The CDBS will cover a range of services including:
- Check up and examinations
- X-ray services
- Scale and cleans
- fissure sealants
- root canals
The CDBS does not cover any Orthodontic, Cosmetic or treatments delivered in a hospital setting.
Utilizing the Child Dental Benefits Schedule will not count towards the Medicare Safety Net or the Extended Medicare Safety Net thresholds.
How to claim the CDBS
- If you received a letter from Medicare, that can act as confirmation of elegibility. However, due to time delays, the letter may be inaccurate so if you give us a call with your medicare number, we can double check the elegibility electronically.
- If you are eligible, we can make you an appointment to befin the consultation.
- At the time of the appointment, we will provide a full discussion and treatment plan before providing the services. After this has been completed, you’ll need to sign a consent form attached to the treatment plan.
- When we have provided the agreed services, we will bulk bill the invoice to medicare so you can go straight home. If the electronic systems are down or somehow prevent the instant claim, we will need to collect a payment which will be reimbursed by medicare.
At Atwell Smiles, we understand that ideal dental treatment can be expensive and often comes at a bad time. However, we believe that a tight cashflow should not get in the way of achieving the best possible dental care for every patient. That is why we have partnered with Zip to provide an easy and affordable payment plan solution.
How do I use Zip?
- To use Zip you must first create an account which will be used for all participating Zip providers. https://zip.co/create-an-account/
- Subject to availability and approval, once the account is set up, you can simply pay for services with Atwell Smiles via your account on your smartphone. Terms and conditions can be found here: https://zip.co/how-zip-works/
- As Zip will manage your account and repayments, you will only have to worry about approving any treatments you wish to have done with Atwell Smiles
Metropolitan Patients Dental Subsidy Scheme
MPDSS Metropolitan Patients Dental Subsidy Scheme is a project run by the government with the intent of reducing the pressure on the public Dental Health Services.
If you hold a current health care or pensioner concession card you may be eligible for Metropolitan Patients Dental Subsidy Scheme (MPDSS) dental care.
To claim an MPDSS voucher, Visit Dental Health Services (DHS) website to find and contact the nearest Dental Health Services public clinic to confirm eligibility and register for subsidised dental care.
If elegibility is confirmed, in metropolitan areas, DHS will either then send a letter for an appointment at closest DHS clinic or a voucher for MPDSS to use at a participating private dental clinic.
Any treatment will be provided at the DHS fee schedule amounts. Furthermore, any treatment will be subsidised up to a maximum of 75% of the account by the West Australian Government. Any co-payment amounts and options will be discussed prior to commencing a treatment plan.
For location of the Adult Dental Service contact Dental Health Services on 9313 0555 or visit Dental Health Service’s website at www.dental.wa.gov.au.